Candle Care & Safety

LIGHTING TIMES (minimum/maximum)

Minimum: 45 minutes - 1 hour 

Maximum: 3 hours (Tin Crystal Candles) 

Candles are not to be burned for longer than 3 hours as it can possibly crack, or smash the container. Do not pick up TIN candles after candle has been lit until completely cool (30 - 45 minutes). 

Each time you light your candle, allow it to burn right across the top to avoid unnecessary tunnelling. Maximising the life and fragrance of your candle. 

Before you light your candle always trim your wick to 5mm to avoid mushrooming and excess wick. This also helps avoiding large flame and smoke. When you trim your wick regularly, your wick will stay to the correct size for the candle, and prevents excess carbon which may cause soot to collect on the inside of your container. 

Coconut wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, or Soy wax, Our candles require a thicker wick which does not burn 100% of the time and needs to be trimmed regularly.

Be careful to not over trim your wick as you may not be able to relight your candle.

  • Never pour wax down the sink.
  • Avoid exposure to drafts and direct sunlight, even when your candle is not currently burning.
  • Never burn candles near anything flammable and always place on a stable, level and heat resistant surface. 
  • Do not remove crystal and flowers while candle is lit.
  • Be sure to take care near children and pets
  • Do not go to sleep with your candle lit. 

Never, ever, ever leave your candle unattended.

Extinguish your candle, by pushing the wick into the wax, or with a candle snuffer.

Please do not extinguish your candle with the lid. 

Experts advise to never 
extinguish your candles with water, to use a fire blanket or foam fire extinguishers. 

Please remember that all candles are hand poured, and as much as we try to keep consistency, every candle will be different. 

We hope you love your candles as much as we love making them for you. By the purchase of our candles you are agreeing to the terms and conditions that UrbanLune is not responsible for ANY damages or loss, while using our candles.

It is your responsibility for proper care of your candles and home.